Saturday, August 24, 2013

my trip to chicago




As some of you know my profession is fashion merchandising. As part of my job and a fun requirement is to shop the market for current trends. On Wednesday morning myself and my team took an over night trip to Chicago, it's about a 2.5-3 hour drive from Madison. We left early Wednesday morning getting us there just in time for the shops to open. We hit up all the major retailers from Barney's to Zara on State Street, Michigan Avenue as well as all the fun boutiques on Oak Street.

biggest take aways from my trip 
print of the season: it's all about camo for men, women, and kid's. I will even go as far as saying it is the new leopard for women! Or at least it will be for my new fall wardrobe.

denim: continues to have a big focus with all retailers. Tons of washes, fits and different styling options. Light washes are starting to have a bigger presence while still offering a variety of washes in distressed, non-distressed, colored, printed, flocking, color blocking, zippers & mixing fabrications example: stretch denim and leather or faux leather.

Good news the skinny pant is NOT going away anytime soon for all you skinny pant lovers like myself. Its continuing to grow in the men's market as well as retailers are expanding their offering in for kids. I did see more skinny stretch options across both genders; they are advertising this benefit much better to the customer than in previous seasons. 

color: gray was the most prominent color out there, especially from a neutral standpoint. We have seen this color become extremely popular in home decorating. Gray has officially moved full force to the apparel world. 

footwear: wedges is a continuing trend from summer that is moving its way into fall. Tall, medium, and booties are all still very popular in all fabrications. I am definitely seeing pops of color either in trims or on the inside of boots to give them that extra fun reason to buy. 

a couple of fall must haves 




After dinner I headed up town to stay at my b&b for the night. I am lucky and have Adam's family that live downtown. Adam and his son Lincoln were also in town visiting, it ended up being a perfect end to a great day, I got to see the people I love the most.  

LBall and I hanging out Thursday morning before I went out to shop more stores. 
He loves his new camo waffle I got him from nordstrom tucker and tate



As always thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading about my trip and current fashion trends.

xoxo 

-e 





No comments:

Post a Comment