Tuesday, August 20, 2013

bedroom makeover

Recently I moved into a new apartment; which I love! Before my move I had been sleeping on a box spring and mattress on my floor (I did this for just over a year). One could ask why I didn't just go out and buy a bed or at least get a frame for my bed? My reasons were partially not wanting to make the big investment, and secondly a bed is something that you will have for a long time. I wanted to be sure I was choosing the perfect bed that would  fit me and my space no matter where life may take me.

After a year of browsing the internet and home stores. I decided that I wanted a simple wooden bed frame and a headboard. Little did I know that my journey to finding my "perfect bed" would actually be somewhat challenging.

When I moved in to my new place in June I really started looking for my "vision"; a gray nail studded suede headboard that attached to a white or espresso wooden frame. So the search began, I was making this "vision" a reality! I started scouring the internet searching all of my favorite sites houzz, pinterest, west elm, pottery barn, horchow, crate and barrel, anthro along with many others. I had found many different headboards that would fit my "vision" and I was ready to make my purchase! That was until I came across a slight problem, I discovered that most all headboards only attach to a metal frame. I was set on having a wooden frame that would attached to an upholstered suede headboard and I didn't have any plans to change the "vision".

I went back to the drawing board re-visiting all the sites that I had previously searched for the "perfect bed". After going through the sites I found that west elm's headboards and frames marry one another! I decided on the the simple low bed frame in white (also comes in chocolate) found here  and the tall nailhead upholstered suede headboard in dove gray found here. The frame came within 3-4 weeks and the headboard in 8 weeks. Shipping was reasonable, the headboard was delivered by two men that were willing to attach the headboard to the frame. The frame was not assembled, it came in three very heavy long boxes delivered by UPS. I did have help assembling my frame; a big thank you goes out to my b Adam for helping me get it put together!

 my "vision"
throw pillows: pottery barn - sparkle pillowworld market - stripe velvet pillow 


duvet cover: gilt



Thanks for reading!
My next post will be about my work trip to Chicago we are shopping the market for a couple of days. I can't wait to report back on newest trends for fall and new purchases! One of the many perks of working in the fashion industry.
- e 

No comments:

Post a Comment