Thursday, October 31, 2013

just in time for halloween

Happy Halloween!

I am even more excited about halloween this year and all the wonderful holidays that follow. Now that I am in the bungalow I have lots of decorating and dyi projects to look forward to.  In the neighborhood there are lot of kids so I am looking forward to all the little trick or treaters tonight. But what is halloween and trick or treating with out pumpkins! 

This year I wanted to make sure that my pumpkins would have a fighting chance and maybe last through Thanks Giving (I know this might be a little optimistic of me but I'm going for it). I decided I wanted to paint my pumpkins I also did some experimenting with spray painting a couple that I gave away as gifts.  

the process: 
To be honest there was not much prepping I did, I made sure I had a drop cloth, paint, paint brushes and paper towel for any mistakes. The timing however did take a couple of days; I first painted the pumpkins the color of my choice, let them dry then painted on a second coat. The following evening I hand painted on the metallic dots and the stems. 

materials: off white and black paint, copper and gold metallic paint and paint brushes all from micheal's. For the spray painted pumpkins I did I used a copper metallic spray paint from home depo (I actually prefer spray painting they looked great and they were super easy).



tip: when painting make sure you are painting on the first coat of paint lightly to keep the pumpkins from chipping. 

lastly: enjoy!

xx 
-eb



No comments:

Post a Comment