Tuesday, November 12, 2013

snow gets me thinking about christmas

I know that we have not celebrated thanks giving yet, but yesterday we had our first snowfall of the season. Yes I said it snow in November; this is not uncommon when you live in Wisconsin. It was minimal accumulation but non the less it is snow and today it is a whopping 25 degrees. As I write this post in my cozy vince sweater that I snatched up at marshalls, drinking a hot earl gray tea with milk and sugar I am definitely beginning to think of holidays and getting in the spirit. Yesterday I started searching for decorations to get my new home in the holiday spirit!

Here are some of my favorite holiday items for around the house.

Pillows are a great way to add chic holiday decor to the home;check out these metallic pillows from Ballard Designs pair these back to a faux fur pillow for a wonderful winter wonderland look. 

Frosted tree with lights!

These super cute pine cone candles are a great way to decorate the dinner table, coffee table or mantel. 

I am absolutely loving this vintage garland, I purchased this from West Elm, I  plan to hang on my stone fireplace.

How cute is this guy?!

great traditional stocking


I hope I am not too early for everyone by jumping on the christmas wagon; it was the snow that got me in the mood! 

xx
eb 

No comments:

Post a Comment